Here are a few pictures of Madison before the big performance. The video is below...a little hard to see and follow her but it was the best I could do. She had a great time more pictures of this event to come, Grandma Debbie took some still shots that I wasn't able to get. For those of you who don't know Madison has been going to Dance/Tumbling class since the first of the year. Like all little girls do, cartwheels, roundoff's, back bends and other stuff I don't know what they call has become neverending. Everytime I turn around she is doing a cartwheel on the way to her room or jumping over something. Since Angie works every Monday night, I take Madison to class every week. I was sort of hesitant about this the first time...I thought it would be nothing but mom's and all fu fu crap I had to deal with. I came to realize that there are a few dad's that do the same thing I do and the husband of the woman that teaches along with him has a tie to Murphysboro. He went to SEMO, played basketball in college and was friends with a few a baseball players that I played with and knew well. Small world...Even smaller being in Festus and then him knowing someone from the Boro'? The other dad's and I exchange hunting and fishing stories every now and then. The mom's look at us like we are crazy and just laugh. Like I explained in an earlier post, this girl stuff is all out of my realm but I wouldn't change it for anything. This reminds me of the MasterCard commercial...Monthly class fee $45...Recital Fee...$45...Recital Costume $45...Flowers for Madison after recital $12...Seeing your baby perform and love what she is doing...PRICELESS!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Dancing Queen again...
Here are a few pictures of Madison before the big performance. The video is below...a little hard to see and follow her but it was the best I could do. She had a great time more pictures of this event to come, Grandma Debbie took some still shots that I wasn't able to get. For those of you who don't know Madison has been going to Dance/Tumbling class since the first of the year. Like all little girls do, cartwheels, roundoff's, back bends and other stuff I don't know what they call has become neverending. Everytime I turn around she is doing a cartwheel on the way to her room or jumping over something. Since Angie works every Monday night, I take Madison to class every week. I was sort of hesitant about this the first time...I thought it would be nothing but mom's and all fu fu crap I had to deal with. I came to realize that there are a few dad's that do the same thing I do and the husband of the woman that teaches along with him has a tie to Murphysboro. He went to SEMO, played basketball in college and was friends with a few a baseball players that I played with and knew well. Small world...Even smaller being in Festus and then him knowing someone from the Boro'? The other dad's and I exchange hunting and fishing stories every now and then. The mom's look at us like we are crazy and just laugh. Like I explained in an earlier post, this girl stuff is all out of my realm but I wouldn't change it for anything. This reminds me of the MasterCard commercial...Monthly class fee $45...Recital Fee...$45...Recital Costume $45...Flowers for Madison after recital $12...Seeing your baby perform and love what she is doing...PRICELESS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are SO right -- moments like that ARE priceless!! What a cutie! Wish we could have been there. Bring the costume to the Boro so she can perform for us.
ReplyDeleteThat is the nicest thing I think I have ever read, what a wonderful Daddy you are!
ReplyDelete